Baked Breakfast Eggs Recipe:
Baked eggs with Chicken ham, tomatoes and Spinach and Cheesy Toast.
Is it really this cold or is it just the bleak change in weather that’s making me shiver, my nose run like a tap and throat sore as broken heart. A quick look at weather report and I know I am just exposure struck; it seems the Goan hangover doesn’t want to let go off me even after almost a week. Not that i am complaining about winters, despite the uncomfortable physical conditions I don’t have anything to complain about this weather, how otherwise I could go on eating as many eggs as I like. Huh, eggs are like a staple breakfast for me throughout winters, easy, healthy, filling, warming and one of my favorite food items. Not that I stop having them during summers but they do disturb the system a little.
Yesterday, being India’s 64th Republic day and a national holiday called for a special winter holiday breakfast and all I wanted was Eggs, eggs, eggs. Just to make it a little special I decided on baking them with some veggies and chicken ham. The breakfast did turn out a perfect harmony of taste and health,nothing could have been a better start to my day. Oh, and ham here is absolutely replaceable, I’d say with a little tempered mushrooms for my vegetarian friends.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 eggs
- 2 Chicken ham
- 250 gms Spinach
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- Olive oil/vegetable oil to spray
- Salt and pepper for dressing
- 2-3 cubes of butter
- Your favourite bread loaf
- Some butter/ cheese
- Heat oven at 1600C
- Clean the spinach and trim off the stalks. Just drizzle some olive oil over a frying pan and add the drain spinach leaves to it.
- Cove cook for 4-5 min on medium flame and then remove the lid and cook until the liquid dries off. Add /2 cube of butter, sprinkle salt cook for another minute and strain out.
- Cut the tomatoes into thick round wedges, heat a grill pan and cook the tomatoes on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Press a little with a flat spatula to release the juices off while grilling. Strain and keep aside.
- Now, grease two medium size baking bowl with butter, or 4 regular ramekins, divide spinach and tomato wedges equally and place at the bottom of each bowl.
- Tear ham into 4-5 parts and tuck in with the veggies, carefully crack two eggs over each bowl (one egg each if using regular ramekins.
- Lightly dress with salt and pepper, slide a little butter carefully over each bowl. Turn the grill to the maximum temperature and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are just set.
- While eggs are baking, just slather a little butter over each bread slice and toast on a hot skillet over the stove or grate cheese over each slice and slide it under a hot grill for 3-4 minute before serving hot with the just baked eggs.
Dos and Don’ts:
Just be careful not to over bake, bake only until eggs are just set. Also, do remove all excess water off the veggies before baking, if required press under a clean kitchen tissue, otherwise you may end with a soggy base.
You may also like;