Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe:
A crispy, spicy Baby Corn Manchurian, our favourite Indo-Chinese anytime snack.
Latest addition to our Indo-Chinese favourites is this Baby Corn Manchurian recipe. It is keeping in line with our age long love with this style of cooking and building up a stock of recipes for the vegetarians, for I often receive requests or comments for veg recipes.
Infact my mom too, who is an egg-eatarian, says why don’t you post something I can try. So this one’s for you mom, hope you read it, try it and I am waiting for you to pick my flaws. Aren’t all mom’s that, our best critic, and this once i don’t mind her criticizing at all for after all she undeniable is the best cook I’ve known.
Now I am quickly posting this recipe and heading out to catch on a show of 12 Years Salve, this weekend release that I am told is a must watch.
Ingredient’s (Serves 2):
For the crispy Baby Corn:
- 250 gms Baby Corn, aprox 12-14 pieces
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp water
- Enough oil to deep fry
For the Manchurian Sauce:
- 2 med spring onions, white and greens chopped separately
- 4-5 cloves for garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp chilli vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper pwd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
Crispy Baby Corn:
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. Now mix all the other ingredients except baby corn to make a thick batter. Keep the batter thick to ensure that it sticks around the baby corn.
- Dip the baby corns into the batter and drop in hot oil. Deep fry on high heat in batches until golden. Strain on a kitchen tissue and keep aside.
The Baby Corn Manchurian:
- Heat 1 tsp pin in a wok or frying pan. Add the chopped ginger , garlic and fry for 30 secs until it sizzles. Then add the spring onion whites, green chilli and fry for another 30 secs.
- No simmer the flame, add the soy sauce, sugar, red chilli flakes, mix con flour with 2-3 tsp water and stir in. Add about ½ cup of water and bring it to a low boil.
- Dress with salt and pepper and cook until the sauce just thickens, a minute or two at max. Stir in the vinegar; add the spring onion greens retaining a few for garnish.
- Finally add the baby corn and toss on high flame for just a few secs and turn off. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve immediately.
Dos and Don’ts:
- The gravy needs no extra cooking, its about quickly tossing after adding the suces and the spring onion greens.
- Adjust chillies to taste, the above quantities will give a spicy Baby Corn Manchurian. Incase you want a subdued heat just avoid red chillies.