Andhra Prawns Curry Recipe:
A spicy South Indian Prawns curry and rice makes a delicious hearty meal.
Prawns are my preferred choice since childhood. This is the recipe from my mother-in- law, which is prepared in village method, goes well with rice. This curry tastes amazing and it will hang around in your reminiscences everlastingly once you experience them.This South Indian Style Prawns Curry recipe has a hint of Indian spices, which gives an awesome flavor to this recipe.
To be honest the aroma of this dish will give you hunger cravings.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 med Onion, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, cut lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ kg Prawns
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
- In a kadai heat oil and add the chopped onions, green chillies and stir well till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the cleaned prawns in the above gravy and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes approximately.
- When it is cooked add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well and cover again with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes until the gravy has thickened.
- Turn off the heat, add garam masala pwd and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/roti.