Andhra Mutton Curry Recipe:
A spicy, slow cooked traditional Andhra style mutton curry, intense and strongly flavorful.
A tradition Andhra mutton curry recipe that we make at our mother in laws house usually on most special occasion. It is prepared in the rustic village style and that helps retain delicious flavor into the meat recipe. It’s spicy and mind blowingly delicious. Using aluminum vessels (most commonly used in villages) not only makes the curry tasty and flavorful, but also it makes the recipe acquire the intense colour and adds a great texture to the gravy.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
- ½ Mutton, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large Onions
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- A bunch coriander
- 3 Green chilies slit through the center
- ¼ cup Oil – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- 1 and ½ cup Water
- In deep wok/kadhai/pot heat oil then add green chilies and onions and fry.
- Once onions turn golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and fry well till the raw smell goes away.
- Add mutton to the mixture and cook covered for 5-10 min.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add water and cover cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally till the meat is tender.
- Then add garam masala and coriander leaves and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, allow resting for a couple of mins and serve hot with rice or chapatti.