Almond Sharbat (Indian Chilled Drink) Concentrate Recipe:
An Indian drink concentrate made with Almonds that keeps you refreshed all through the summers.
A glass of chilled almond drink is something which we would all love during these hot summer days. I am sharing here my household recipe for a healthy, refreshing summer drink that would keep you hydrated all the way through.
The soothing flavor of cardamom adds an extra delight to this homemade Summer Almond Squash concentrate that you can make in one go and stack in your fridge through the entire season and simply mix a required amount to Water or Milk or Soda and have a Happy Summer!!!
Ingredients (Makes 3 ltrs of Concentrate)
- 300 – 400 gms almonds
- 3 kgs sugar
- 100 gm Poppy seeds
- 100 gm dried melon seeds
- 50 gms cardamom seeds
- Water to make 1 tar sugar syrup (approx 3 & 1/4 th ltrs)
- Soak the almonds in water overnight about 10 -12 hours.
- Peel them and grind them to a fine paste. Sieve the paste to extract the juice, using a muslin cloth.
- Soak the Poppy and Melon seeds for about 2 hours. Make a fine paste by grinding. Sieve the fine product separate.
Peel the cardamom seeds and crush them.
- Make 1 tar sugar syrup by boiling the sugar and water together. Add the all above fine pastes and cardamom to the sugar syrup and let it boil on low flame for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Let the syrup cool and store in dry bottles. Mix in required quantity with chilled water, milk or soda and get refreshed !